ATP meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every other month (February through December) at various member locations in Columbus. Employees of member organizations, guests, and students are welcome to attend meetings. Meetings typically run from 8:30 a.m. through 1:00 p.m. and are comprised of guest speakers, presentations, discussions and ATP business meetings.
Lunch is included in the meeting fee. The meeting fee for members is $10 per person. The meeting fee for non-members is $30 per person.
December Meeting - Dec. 11th, 2013
The Train Has Left the Station. Are You on It?
How emerging trends and technology are reshaping the world in which we work.join us for an interactive exploration of emerging trends in business and technology and the challenges these trends present.
Recent ATP Meetings
Up, Up, and Away: Moving Communications To The Cloud
October MeetingFor Your Eyes Only: Workplace Identity Management
- More services are available in the cloud today than ever before. And more companies are cutting loose their server ties to take advantage of them. Have your thought about moving some of your systems, especially communications, to the cloud? If so, you won't want to miss our October meeting.More Info
August MeetingTechnology's Impact on Lifelong Learning
- Confidentiality. Data Privacy. Access Control. Who is who, who sees what, who gets what and who knows what are all facets of identity management in the workplace..and all increasingly in the realm of technology professionals.More Info
June MeetingBig Talk About Big Data
- Technology continues to change the face of how we learn. Join us for our June seminar to see how technology affects the education of our current and future workforce. Our speakers for this June seminar will be: Greg Syferd, Systems Administration Manager for Columbus Metropolitan Libraries and Victoria Burwell, SVP and Chief Marketing Officer, PreK-12, McGraw-Hill.
April MeetingIntelligent Infrastructure
- The trendy term "big data" involves much more than simply managing large quantities of information. A Big Data initiative will stand a much greater chance of success when you begin with questions regarding its value and applicability to your organization, and answers about what the business needs and demands are that your initiative should meet.More Info
February MeetingWorking Smart! Collaborating Beyond your Conference Room Walls
- Come and see how organizations are incorporating "smart" networking components and ideas in their infrastructure to save time and improve user experience.More Info
December MeetingBreakthroughs in Broadband Telemedicine
- The way businesses communicate is changing every day. We are going to explore how the SMART Board technology is helping businesses be successful. We will discuss how it's helping companies to: Increase Productivity, Boost Cost Effectiveness, Streamline Processes. We will highlight some of the advancements in collaborating with SMART Boards and iPads, and also touch upon the new SMART/Lync integration.More Info
October MeetingUnified Communications - The New Collaboration Experience
- Telemedicine is the use of telecommunications and information technologies to provide clinical health care at a distance. Telemedicine is also used to save lives in critical care and emergency situations. Our speakers will talk about the networking, video telephony, advanced diagnostic methodologies and strategies used in today's interactive telemedicine services.More Info
August MeetingMaking Sense of SIP - What You Need to Know
- We will discuss how Collaboration is changing. There are many reasons why including:
The Explosion of Mobile Devices,
The Impact of Social Media,
Video becoming Pervasive,
and The Rise of Cloud Computing.
Our speaker will be Erik Phelps, Collaboration Specialist with Cisco Systems. More Info
June MeetingTaking control of your future - Columbus is a great place to be in IT
- SIP trunks have been around for a while, but not everyone is using them. Many are finding out that the process is more complicated than originally thought. What is the benefit of SIP technology for your business, will it do more for less? How do I know if I can take advantage of SIP?More Info
April MeetingMobile Security
- In this talk Ben Blanquera will share with you his philosophy about taking control of your career and share with you the wide array of resources available to you to build your career. Those attending will come away with practical and actionable insights to help you build your professional skills and networks.More Info
February MeetingEnhanced Productivity & Collaboration: Is Video Conferencing The Answer?
- This presentation provides the Top 10 recommendations for securing mobile devices to protect against common threats.
Our speaker will be Bill Lisse, CISSP, CISA, CIPP, CGEIT, PMP from OCLC. Bill is the Information Security Officer for OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. More Info
December MeetingSession Initiation Protocol (SIP): What is it and do I need it?
- Don't miss our December seminar as we discuss current strategies in video conferencing, and experience the technology in action. We'll begin with a brief ATP business meeting in OCLC's private dining room, then split into two groups and conduct the rest of the seminar via video conference in OCLC's conference suites.More Info
October MeetingIs There A Silver Lining In The Cloud?
- SIP trunks have been around for awhile, but not everyone is using them. What is the benefit of SIP technology for your business? How do I know if I can take advantage of SIP?More Info
August MeetingSurviving The Worst Downturn In Homebuilding History...
- From cloud to co-lo, today's global enterprise has more options than ever before. The media would have us believe that transitioning to the "cloud" is easy and trouble-free...but those of us in the industry know better. More Info
- Whether you're new to the workforce, or an experienced manager, you know that sometimes the best lessons are learned from our peers. That's why we're excited to present an in-depth case study and discussion with Ron Frissora, CIO of M/I Homes.More Info
April MeetingWhat is the Cloud and why do we care?
- We will have local RFP advise on how to prepare and write RFP's for telecom products and services. We will also have an expert proposal writer discuss the process of responding to an RFP, and what you RFP writers do that make it difficult to give a good responseMore Info
February MeetingSomebody's Watching You: The Technology of Physical Security
- The “Cloud” is on everybody’s mind these days, but it means different things to different people. Our next ATP Seminar will focus on the Cloud, with a brief introduction of the many applications the cloud can encompass. Also, we will also hear from IT people in several Columbus area companies that are stuggling with the Cloud right now, and how their companies may use it to benefit their organization. More Info
December MeetingStrategic Developments in Enterprise Mobility
- If you still think surveillance and security involve VCR tapes and grainy images from analog cameras, you'll be amazed to see the presentations at our December meeting. Security and IT are converging, and the time to prepare yourself is now. The December meeting will also include a vote on by-law revisions, so this is not a meeting to miss. Please join us...we look forward to seeing you!More Info
October MeetingMember Roundtables: Lunch Meeting Format
- The return of Michael Finneran, one of our most popular presenters. This nationally-known expert is rarely in the Central Ohio area, so don't miss this FREE opportunity to hear a truly unforgettable program. Among other mobile mysteries, he will address the major developments in the wireless market from the perspective of the enterprise buyer and examine the major developments from the mobile operators, handset manufacturers, and the IP PBX/UC vendors. More Info
August MeetingState of the Industry - Telecommunications
- You'll have the opportunity to discuss today's hot topics with your colleagues and openly share and learn about ideas that have worked for all. Topic One: Virtualization & Hosted Solutions, Topic Two: Outsourcing Email, Topic Three: From TDM to VoIP, Topic Four: Technology Etiquette, and Topic Five: Is Self-Service All It's Cracked Up To Be?More Info
June MeetingDatacenter Applications
- ATP will present our traditional State of the Industry program. We have an exciting list of speakers from both the public sector and the private sector/carrier side, and they'll share insights you won't want to miss.More Info
April MeetingBusiness & IT Aspects of Social Networking
- Please plan to join us at OCLC in Dublin, Ohio at 8:30 AM. Seasoned professionals will present Datacenter Applications: Storage applications and managed wavelengths with Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM). The presentation will also focus on Optical Networking for Dummies.
March MeetingPanera Is Not A Disaster Recovery Plan!
- With the theme "How Web and Social Media is Shifting Business Operations", Angela Siefer (of Shiny Door) will center around the realities, benefits and strategies of social networking to help organizations and individuals build quality relationships. She will help us think about ways we can prepare for the direction our businesses are heading using digital technology.
December MeetingWireless Integration: Integrating Communications in Today’s Enterprise
- This meeting will focus on the current state of business continuity, how it differs from "business resilience" and how to obtain management buy-in for business continuity planning. It will also provide insights as to how a business continuity/ disaster recovery plan can take shape.More Info
October MeetingFree New Member Breakfast - Free Netbooks
- Wireless In The Business - From personal space wireless to fixed-mobile convergence. Also, UC As A Solution To Wireless Integration - How do you approach integrating these disparate systems into a single environment? And finally, Wireless Integration: Goal or Process? - How an organization approaches wireless integration can play a large part in its success. More Info
September MeetingATP Forum - Discuss today's hot topics with your colleagues
- This breakfast is a thank-you to current ATP members, as well as an opportunity for future and/or potential ATP members to learn more about ATP and our membership and networking benefits. This is also a great chance for you to provide feedback to the Board of Directors.More Info
August MeetingThe Changing Face of Telecom and IT
- Topic One: How Do I Comply With That!? Topic Two: Is Being Green The Impossible Dream? Topic Three: Don't Take Away My Blackberry! Topic Four: IT & HR & The Economy...
- Please plan to join us at OCLC in Dublin, Ohio. This program which will present varying perspectives on the current state of our industry, as well as what the future holds in store. Our format will be panel discussions featuring both carriers and hardware providers, with plenty of time for questions and member insights. More details to come. As always, the meeting will also let you meet and network with peers from throughout ATP's membership, and lunch is included in your meeting fee. We look forward to seeing you there!
April MeetingThe Pro's and Con's of SaaS and Roundtable Discussion
- Perfecting Incident Response by Interhack - Many organizations now have plans for handling "incidents" in their organization - a loss of confidentiality, integrity, or availability of an important resource. How well those plans will work though, can be anybody's guess.
Security Strategies, What Happens Behind Your Firewall by Gatestone Group - Security has never been so critical for businesses of all sizes and industries. The Gatestone Group will recommend several layers of protection and discuss what every company regardless of size should be aware of, including common security pitfalls to avoid on voice and data networks.More Info
February MeetingTopic: Looking Back At The Future
- Learn about the Pro's and Con's of SaaS (Software as a Service) from Jack Sands, CEO, of Vforce.
In addition to Jack’s SaaS presentation, we will have a "roundtable" or open discussion among attendees on how to improve efficiencies in 2009 and beyond in a variety of pressing issues.
December MeetingManaging and Controlling IT Energy Consumption
- ATP is pleased to announce that our December meeting will be presented by noted telecommunications industry expert Dick Kuehn of RAK Associates. Plan to join us for what is sure to be a dynamic presentation that will benefit both IT and telecommunications professionals. This is a great opportunity to hear insights from a nationally-recognized authority at a fraction of the usual cost.More Info
October MeetingCommunications Compliance: Focus on PCI and Electronic Records
- Gartner predicts that by 2009, power and cooling costs will be second to salaries in the IT budget. As a result, energy consumption has become a big issue for IT/telecommunications
The first part of the program will be presented by Liebert/Emerson. The second part of the program will be presented by Nortel. This meeting is designed for both IT and telecommunications professionals. For more detail click on More Info below:More Info
August MeetingThe State of the Industry
- The meeting will be split into two mini-sessions. In the first, Sound
Communications (a long-time ATP member and Verint business partner) will focus on
Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and the impact of compliance on contact
recording. In the second, Gregory J. Krabacher, Esq., and Katherine Spies Giumenti, Esq.,
from the noted Bricker & Eckler firm, will present “What are your E-Discovery
obligations in litigation?”.More Info
June MeetingUnified Communications: What? How? Why?
- ATP is proud to present its 23rd annual “State of the Telecommunications Industry” Symposium. This will be an important and timely forum on the leading public policy and telecommunications industry topics that organizations in Ohio are facing. Since Electric Power – Availability, Reliability, Quality, and Cost -- has significantly increased in importance to Telecommunication and IT managers, this year we will include Power-related Legislation and Regulation as an important topic of discussion.More Info
April MeetingVoIP, Is It Living Up To the Hype?
- Unified communications technologies promise to use the power of software to deliver complete communications—messaging, voice, and video—across the applications and devices that people use every dayMore Info
February MeetingTopic: Mobility in the Enterprise – Wireless Workshop Program
- Several speakers will give us their view point of VoIP following or during implementations of various kinds. The meeting site will be at OCLC, 6565 Frantz Road, Dublin, OH 43017. Parking is free.More Info
December MeetingWide Area Application Acceleration Service (WAAS), and Network Management Using Open Source Tools.
- A workshop on planning and implementation of systems to support the mobile workforce. The format of this meeting will permit discussion with the presenter about applications of interest to the ATP membership. The scope of the workshop will include AT&T's wireless WAN and VPN services as well as handsets. We will pay special attention to back-end integration with both off-the-shelf and customized software.More Info
October MeetingData Center Success Stories
- Part 1 - Topics covered will include an architectural overview of WAAS, how the product works, and the reduction in WAN traffic, as well as how to centralize all critical file serving data and storage in your enterprise, how to remove remote tape backups, Cisco’s roadmap for WAAS and common deployment.
Part 2 – Network Management Using Open Source Tools will include discussion of Nagios and OpenNMS as deployed on Linux and configured to monitor both network performance and security.
August MeetingRegulatory State of the Telecommunications Industry
- We will hear from representatives of two major corporations and two providers/developers of data center sites. We will be discussing current host/server requirements, WAN interconnections, environmental controls, power considerations -- all in the context of high reliability and site selection. More Info
June MeetingCall Recording is Just the Beginning
- This will be an important and timely forum on the leading public policy and telecommunications industry topics that organizations in Ohio are facing. More Info
April MeetingPublic Networking Projects Advancing Central and Northern Ohio
- Join ATP in April as we discuss another timely topic: "Call Recording is Just the
Beginning: Strategies for Managing Liability, Quality Assurance and Training."
We will meet at the Asian Cuisine 8008 N. High St. one mile North of Worthington and a half mile north of I270 on US23.More Info
March MeetingBusiness Continuity through Advanced Technology
- The focus of the program will be "Public Networking Projects Advancing Central and Northern Ohio." Speakers include: Gregory J. Dunn, Partner, Schottenstein Zox & Dunn Co., LPA and Principal, Whiteboard Broadband Solutions. And, Mark T. Ansboury, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Operating Officer, OneCommunityMore Info
December MeetingDisaster Recovery
- There will be two distinct presentations. Jim Connolly, IT Director for the Columbus Blue Jackets, will discuss Business Continuity through Advanced Technology. Mr. Connolly will describe The Columbus Blue Jackets recent IT and telecommunications upgrade. Then John Loether, President and Senior Technology Consultant of LoetherSpeaks, LLC, will present: From Bleeding Edge to Reality – Convergence Continues, a look at major trends in computing and their effect on telecommunications.
October MeetingVoIP - More Than Equipment And Not Just A Four-Letter Word
- The October meeting will present Disaster Recovery from the defining and planning stages to a discussion about real life Disaster Recovery implementation experiences.
August MeetingThe State of the Telecommunications Industry: Looking Forward in a Dynamic Environment
- With Voice over IP (VoIP) topping the list of the highest-attended meetings for the last two years, this topic is still stirring the IT and Telecom community, and will continue to do so for some time. VoIP—More Than Equipment And Not Just A Four-Letter Word ... the program will present two non-hardware based solutions.More Info
June MeetingMember Forum
- ATP is pleased to present an Important and Timely Symposium featuring the most prominent Regulators and Industry Leaders in the State of Ohio! The Symposium will feature two Panels of Experts: The first will address current issues from the Perspective of the Public Sector; and the second will address current issues from the Perspective of the Industry itself.More Info
April MeetingEnterprise Security and Cracking the Data Encryption Standard
- The ATP Board has decided to make the April meeting a group discussion of four subjects selected by various members:
Staying Up-to-Date in a Technical World, What's all the buzz about Podcasting? IT Governance, and Unique and Useful VoIP Services.More Info
February MeetingNew Developments on the Wireless Front
- ATP is pleased to announce that the February meeting topic will cover Enterprise Security and a discussion of Matt Curtin’s latest book, Brute Force: Cracking the Data Encryption Standard.More Info
- ATP is bringing Michael Finneran back to Columbus for a timely update to the wonderful world of wireless. This topic, "New Developments on the Wireless Front," will focus on: Major Trends in the Wireless Arena, Developing Areas in Wireless, How WiFi is Forging Ahead, What is What with Wimax, and Developments in the Cellular Network. While this topic will cover the entire Wireless spectrum, it will include the interest of Network and Telecom people alike, and guarantee to be very educational.More Info